Thursday, July 6, 2017

home.sick

This is extra short- I apologize I have been neglecting my blog!

I arrived back home on Friday June 30th and have spent some amazing days with family and friends. I will certainly be posting more later- there are SO many experiences I want to share with you. However, for now it will be just a slow trickle.

My colleagues Emilie and Catherine met me in Lusaka on Wednesday June 21st. We led a conference  on counseling children on Thursday in Lusaka and again on Tuesday in Ndola. Unfortunately, I also got pretty sick from Saturday June 24th-Saturday July 1st. Like, unable to participate sick. I had made the mistake of drinking the water and was fine for the first four weeks, but I must have gotten into something bad at the tail end of the trip and wound up in the clinic making sure I didn't have malaria.

Thankfully I am doing much better and have made my way back into the office. I am so, so thankful for the smooth adjustment and for health and delicious food! Thank you for all of your prayers, I will continue to post as I process.

I think part of the illness was God forcing me to give up some control and just trust him. It also made the thought of coming home much easier- I think if I hadn't gotten sick it would have been much more difficult to leave. I didn't realize how much I missed home until I got home and then it hit me like a ton of bricks. Oh, I am so thankful for my loving husband and family and friends!

And (Lord willing) I am planning on heading back next year, with Pierce. And I cannot wait!

More later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment